Thursday, July 31, 2008
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Their mother didn't seem stressed out. They just followed her around like the sweet little ducklings that they are. Maybe I should have gotten some pointers!
** On a happy note the librarian said that they could join the toddler story hour early (it is typically for 2 yr. olds) as long as they could sit still. I plan to try one and see how it goes because I truly am not sure that their little active selves can handle a 1/2 hour story time.
Monday, July 28, 2008
and what have you done with Alex and Eli????
My children have decided to begin to pick up food for themselves. This is crazy because as of 2 weeks or less ago they still opened up their mouths baby bird style and waited for Mama bird to feed them. Today in order to give me something to blog about they decided to even use utensils. I handed the forks to them thinking this should be entertaining and they LOVED it. They were particularly interested with the stabbing of the food. I'm pretty sure they may have done this a while ago but with them being my first I just continued to feed them myself. Now, however, I sit there like hmmm what should I be doing??? I guess I will continue to watch in awe of them :) Boys, you continually amaze me with all of this growing up stuff but please don't be in such a hurry!!!
Love, Your Mama
Friday, July 25, 2008
I leave you with pics of the boys and there adventures. Oddly enough regardless of how sick they are they don't seem to slow down too much.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
I'm not sure why Mom insists on making up these stories.
Does this look like a face that could bite?
I too am shocked at this display of aggression (just wait until I get those top teeth).
Friday, July 18, 2008
- Alex today at Target today we turned to go down an aisle where there was a cute girl stocking the shelves and you proclaimed "HI!". It was hysterical because it was in the right context and everything. She kindly returned your "hi" and we were on our way.
- Eli your Leap Frog table said "yellow" in it's weird female leap frog voice and you repeated "yellow" as if this is a word you'd been practicing.
- You are EVERYWHERE. Not walking yet but very quick crawlers.
- You love playing in my curtains and hiding behind them.
- You love putting your hands all over Daddy's new plasma TV and he dutifully wipes off your grungy finger prints nightly.
- Eli you make the funniest face that I have yet to get a good picture of but I will and someday it will probably embarrass you.
- You both are at a stage where you protest almost everything but at the same time you are unpredictable so sometimes laying you down for a diaper change puts you over the edge and the next time as I hunker down for a battle you sweetly lay back and patiently wait for me to finish.
- You are enjoying biting apples (preferably the ones Daddy is trying to eat). We tried popsicles per Dr.'s order due to Alex's sore throat and fever and while Alex learned to not bite into it this concept is foreign to you Eli. You continually try and bite down on it and make this hideous scraping noise with your teeth and look at us like "why does anyone enjoy this kind of pain?".
Thursday, July 17, 2008
On a side note, this morning in a book called "Grace for the Moment" by Max Lucado I came across this:
Thursday, July 10, 2008
Eli @ 11 months (1st pic) Today (14 1/2 months)
Saturday, July 5, 2008
July 4th, 2007 (1st day home all together)